This morning, the 15th annual Canada Reads shortlist was announced! If you’re unfamiliar with Canada Reads, it’s basically a “battle of the books” competition. Over the course of 4 days, 5 panelists, moderated by host Wab Kinew, will come together to champion the book that they believe represents this year’s theme — starting over — the most. It’s always fun to watch, and even more fun when you’ve read all of the books!
So, this week, here are the books that I’m adding to my wish list:
- Birdie by Tracey Lindberg
- Bone and Bread Saleema Nawaz
- The Illegal by Lawrence Hill
- The Hero’s Walk by Anita Rau Badami
- Minister Without Portfolio by Michael Winter
Do you watch Canada Reads? Have you read any of the books on the shortlist?