Hi everyone! This week is an exciting week for me. By the time you read this (yes, I did have to schedule this post) I will be either on a Greyhound for the last few hours of my three day cross-country trip to Vancouver or I will have just arrived, feeling tired but excited! For those of you who follow my blog already and aren’t familiar with Armchair BEA, it’s a companion to the actual BEA (Book Expo America) that’s being held in New York City from May 29th – May 31st this year.
This year is my first year blogging (and thus participating in Armchair BEA) and I’m so excited! So, without further ado, here are some things about me:
1. My name is Karen and I started this blog, One More Page…, in February 2014 so I’ve been blogging for around four months now! I’m blogging from Toronto, Ontario in Canada. I’ve always been an avid reader and after graduating with an English Literature degree from UBC I just couldn’t stay away from writing about books! Thus, this blog was formed. The best part? Meeting bookish friends from around the world 🙂
2. The books I review on this blog are mostly adult fiction though I’ve been reading a lot more YA since this blog started! You can also find me tweeting @karenfma, on Facebook, Pinterest, and on Goodreads.
3. My ideal reading space would be anywhere that’s cozy and full of books! Here are some bookshelves that I would LOVE to have in my house —> To Pinterest we go!
4. I’ve met so many amazing book blogs it’s so hard to choose which ones to mention here! Shannon from River City Reading has been so friendly and has helped me so much that I have to mention her here (hi!), Giselle from Book Nerd Canada has been amazing as well and it was lovely to meet her in person a few weeks ago, and I’ve had so much fun chatting with M from Backlist Books these few weeks on Twitter! I’d highly recommend checking these blogs out! I wish I could name everyone’s blog! (Did I miss any good ones? Let me know in the comments!)
5. My favourite book that came out last year was A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. You can read my review here! This year I’ve read so many amazing books but the one that’s impacted me the most so far is Miriam Toews’ All My Puny Sorrows. It’s beautiful. You can read my review here.
Thanks for checking out my blog! Where are you blogging from? Do you have any book recommendations for me? I would love to know!